Do you have a passion for Endoscopy? Are you an experienced, acute nurse looking to explore a career change?
This opportunity is for you!
Vitae professionals is looking for nurses with Endoscopy experience to join one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located in London.
As a Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, as well as assisting the Manager and colleagues in ensuring the department is efficiently and effectively managed at all times.
DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES:
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients.
- Technically competent and clinically effective in assisting with all endoscopic diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Familiar with using Safer Endoscopy Checklist, Pre-procedure Assessment, and Recovery discharge criteria.
- Promote research-based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit where appropriate.
- Act as mentor to students, teaching and assessing as appropriate.
- Contribute to the setting and monitoring of measurable standards of care and uphold quality initiatives that improve ‘customer care’ and enhance the interface between staff, patients and visitors.
- Salaries from £33,877 - £37,950 per annum, according to experience;
- Permanent position of 37.5 working hours per week;
- No Nights (the Endoscopy service runs from 8am – 8pm; Monday to Friday. Shift pattern; 8am – 4:30pm / 9am – 5:30pm / 10am – 6:30pm / 12:30pm – 8pm (flexibility is required);
- Pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%)
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive)
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Flight voucher
- NMC Registration
- Experience in endoscopy, able to assist with therapeutic endoscopic procedures i.e. Laser, ERCP, Bravo, Halo.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, whilst demonstrating a flexible and positive approach to work