On behalf of the States of Guernsey, we are currently looking for Band 6 Emergency department nurses!
Ideally, you will have at least 3 years’ experience working in an emergency environment including Adult and Paediatric Resuscitation experience. We participate in the emergency rota to provide hospital-wide emergency teams for adults and pediatrics – and you will be the lead nurse.
As a team leader, the post holder will regularly take charge of Accident and Emergency and requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure in an adapting environment.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate portfolio evidence of training and development specific to emergency nursing, including ALS/EPLS and ideally ATNC. Proficiency in cannulation, venepuncture, and plastering is expected.
Supervision of junior staff is a key component, and you will be involved in the induction of new staff and be a sound role model.
In return, you will have on offer:
- Salary of £43,327 - £47,094 per annum
- Annual bonus of £1,167
- Additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service
- Professional subscriptions paid & support with your NMC revalidation,
- Excellent training opportunities up to masters level
- Free parking across the Island
- £5,000 lump sum, a rent allowance payable over 2 years, and a house purchase grant where applicable.
- As an alternative, we also offer single subsidized staff accommodation and a £500 lump sum to support your relocation.