On behalf of the Southamtpon University Hospital, Vitae Professionals is looking for nurses with experience and passion in Paediatrics and /or neaonatal care. Southampton’s Children’s Hospital is a 115 bedded hospital and a major centre for specialised paediatric services both at local and regional level looking after children from the Wessex Region including the Channel Isles.
With 37 cots at all levels of care Their Neonatal unit will offer you the opportunity to provide excellent clinical and compassionate care and learn on a range of specialist skills. There are opportunities for enrolment in the preceptorship programme as well as the "Qualified in Speciality" module, providing you with specialist Neonatal skills and career advancement.
By joining these amazing teams you can expect to be exposed to a wide range of clinical scenarios, diagnoses, treatments and support facilities for babies, children and their families that will make you grow and develop. On top of that many learning and development opportunities will be offered, to help you achieve the career you aspire to, with support from ward-based Clinical Facilitators and a central Paediatric Education Team who will work alongside you to develop your skills further.
As the only Major Paediatric Trauma centre of the South coast, Southampton Children’s hospital is a centre for paediatric research projects and provides services across a wide range of specialities which include:
- Paediatric specialist intensive and high dependency care
- Neurology and neurosurgery specialities
- Paediatric Intensive Care
- Orthopaedic, including specialist spinal surgery and major trauma;
- Surgical unit, supporting children following general Surgery, and care for children undergoing peritoneal dialysis
- Regional Cardiac service
- Day Surgery and Medical Services
- Paediatric Medical Unit/Paediatric Assessment Ward
- Salaries according to experience starting at £25655/year;
- Relocation package;
- Up to 3 months of free accommodation;
- Pick up at the airport;
- Permanent contracts of 37.5h/week;
- Access to NHS pension and one of the most generous annual leave allowance in the UK
- Free access to our OET preparation course & OET BootCamps ( with a 83% success rate at first attempt this is one of the most successful programs available for nurses in the world);
- Support with NMC registration and Visa application;
- Possibility to work Extra shifts;
- Training and career development opportunities.
- Paediatric and/or Neonatal experience;
- NMC Registration or eligibility to register;
- Nursing degree & EU citizenship (other nationalities may be consider on a case by case basis);
- Very high level of English;
- Team player with a passion for working within a multidisciplinary environment;
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.