Communicate effectively in all essential situations at work, including patient interactions, clinical pathways, giving accurate handovers, drugs calculations, postoperative and end-of-life care.
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate command of technical English to practice in the United Kingdom.
- Understanding patient concerns clearly, dealing successfully with upset and distress, and communicating empathically and appropriately
- Giving accurate handovers, explaining accidents and incidents
- Participating in multi-disciplinary meetings
- Communicating effectively in challenging circumstances
- Easier to make English-speaking friends
- Understand roles and responsibilities in UK hospitals, equipment and terminology.
- Introducing yourself and saying what you do
- Talking about pain
- Pressure area care
- Injuries and falls
- Infection Control
- Intravenous therapy and IV injections
- Administration of medications
- Breathing difficulties
- Post-operative care
- End-of-life care
Addressee: Designed for nurses that want to work in the United Kingdom or that are studying for an English Test of Nursing, such as the OET. The course is designed for nurses with an intermediate (B1-B2) level of English.
Duration: 100 hours of study, divided into 10 clearly defined 10-hour sections.