Improve the Medical English and clinical communication skills of international doctors and medical students who work or study in an English-speaking environment. These courses give you the language skills you need to communicate confidently and accurately in English.
At the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Deliver Excellent Patient Care, Deal sensitively with upset and distress Treat patients empathically and appropriately
- Build Successful Healthcare Teams: lead successful teams who collaborate well Respect and understand the concerns of colleagues
- Create Trust-centred Relationships: Show consideration, respect and sensitivity, listen to others, take account of their views and respond honestly, work in partnership with patients
- Fit in Culturally: Understand roles and responsibilities in UK hospitals, be aware of different processes, equipment and terminology.
- Around the hospital
- Patient Admission
- Interviewing a Patient
- Taking observations
- Past medical history
- Talking about pain
- Examining a patient
- Explaining tests
- Discussing a diagnosis
- Explaining Treatment
- Discussing surgery
- Pre-operative care
- Post-operative care
- Oncology and end-of-life care
Addressee: The course is designed for doctors with an upper-intermediate or advanced (B2 or C1) level of English who work, or are preparing to work, in an English-speaking environment.
Duration: 100 hours of study, divided into 14 clearly defined sections. Each section focuses on a vital area of practice, giving doctors the language tools to perform effectively at work.
4 months to complete the course.